Attended an online informational today given by the Cambridge Investment Research team, and a partner. Good overview of social media and impact on Financial Professionals. What are the benefits? How do you use it? Etc.
Here are my notes:
- Social media reach: 140M Tweets Daily, 500M active Facebook members, over 100M users on LinkedIn (bummer, didn’t mention StockTwits at 60M potential reach in financial vertical alone).
- Social Media Important to Financial Advisors – primary communication tool, connects you to your current and prospective clients. You may have website, blog, etc.. Social Media is yet another marketing tool.
- Social media creates awareness, can help drive your book, helps you to recruit, and enhance relationships with your exiting client.
- RIA’s who use Social media had higher growth rates in Q4 2009 survey.
- 86% of advisers surveyed by American Century Investments are using a social networks in Continue reading